Nature Coast Physical Therapy & Rehab, owned and operated by Jaya Gurnani, R.P.T., has provided quality care to local residents since 1995.
Let’s meet Jaya Gurnani
Jaya has been practicing physical therapy in the United States since 1984 and has been a proud resident of Citrus County since 1994.
- She graduated in 1983 from Physiotherapy School and Center in Seth G.s. Medical College in Bombay, India with her B.S. in Physical Therapy and Physiotherapy.
- In October 1985 Jaya went to work for St. Frances General Hospital in Buffalo, NY as a Physical Therapy Aide.
- In December 1985 she went to work for Our Lady of Victory Infant Home in Buffalo, NY as a Staff Physical Therapist until December of 1986.
- In December 1986 she went to work for Touro Infirmiry in New Orleans, LA as a Senior Therapist/Quality Assurance Manager until June 1991.
- In July 1991 until October 1991 she held a position at Midcity Physical Therapy, Inc. in New Orleans, LA as President/Physical Therapist.
- From 1991 to 1992 Jaya was the Clinical Coordinator at Medforce International at St. Jude Medical Center in New Orleans, LA.
- In 1992 to 1994 Jaya became the Chief Physical Therapist at New Orleans Orthopedic Physical Therapy, a division of New Orleans Orthopedic Clinic, New Orleans, LA.
- In 1994 Jaya moved to Beverly Hills, Florida. When moving to Citrus County, she went to work for Gulf Coast Aquatic and Rehabilitation Center in Crystal River, FL as a Physical Therapist until 1995.
- In 1995, Jaya started her own physical therapy clinic, Nature Coast Physical Therapy & Rehab, Inverness, FL where she is the Owner/President/Physical Therapist.
Jaya Gurnani is very active in her community. She belongs to the American Physical Therapy Association, Florida Physical Therapy Association and Inverness Chamber of Commerce.
Clarke Avellanosa, Physical Therapist
Clarke is a motivated and ambitious young man who comes to the USA all the way from the Philippines. Clarke graduated from Cebu Doctors’ University of San Carlos, Cebu, Philippines, in July 2014. Mr. Avellanosa is licensed in the State of Florida.
- In August 2015, Clarke joins Nature Coast Physical Therapy & Rehab to present.
Gina Turner, Physical Therapist Assistant
Gina graduated from California University of Pennsylvania, California, PA, in December 2008. Ms. Turner has been practicing physical therapy since then. She is licensed in the State of Florida. Since Gina graduated her objective has always been to become a part of a caring company and team.
- In May 2016, Gina became Jaya’s assistant at Nature Coast Physical Therapy & Rehab to present.
Karen Kanter, Speech Therapist
Karen graduated from University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, in May 1996 with a Bachelor of Arts in Communicative Disorders. Ms. Kanter then continued her education and in May of 2001 graduates from Seton Hall University with a Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology. Karen has been practicing speech therapy since then. She is licensed in the State of Florida, and has over 20 years of experience in her field.
- In May 2015, Karen became the Speech Therapist at Nature Coast Physical Therapy & Rehab to present.
To assist our patients in reaching their maximum degree of recovery and achieving their goals through quality care.
To administer to the patient’s physical needs and to be ever mindful of their emotional needs.
As employees, to work together as a team and through ongoing communication ensure continuity of quality patient care.
To approach all aspects of our practice with a high level of integrity and responsiveness.
To respond quickly with innovative solutions that will allow us to deliver the best possible results for our patients.